The Pine Hill Police Department would like to remind residents that curfew will be earlier on October 28 thru October 31 due to Halloween.
Curfew will be 8:00 PM – 6:00AM October 28th – 31st for anyone under the age of 18 that is not accompanied by a parent, guardian or other adult person having custody, care or control of the juvenile. (Resolution 2018-170)
The Borough will be “Trick-or-Treating” from 3:00PM – 8:00PM on Wednesday, October 31st!
MISCHIEF NIGHT SAFETY TIPS
- Park your car in the garage and secure the vehicle and garage door
- Leave your house lights on, especially exterior lights
- Stay home on mischief night
- Lock up your valuables
- Put away children’s yard toys, they could be stolen or damaged
- Lock your car doors
Please report any suspicious activity to the Pine Hill Police Department by calling 911. If reporting suspicious activity please be as descriptive as possible. The description of the subject, location or direction of travel and tag on a motor vehicle is extremely helpful.
If you have any questions you may contact the Pine Hill Police Department at email@example.com or by calling 856-783-1549. If you need immediate assistance for an emergency you may call 9-1-1.
The Pine Hill Police Department encourages safety and supervision during the annual Trick-or-Treat season. Below are a few safety rules for parents to help ensure a safe and fun Halloween.
- Know your treaters’ route
- Make sure your child is carrying a flashlight
- Be sure all costumes, shoes and treat bags are safe
- Consider reflective or glow in the dark tape on your child’s costume
- Remind your children not eat their treats until you have inspected them
- Stay on sidewalks, if no sidewalks are available, walk on the left side of the roadway facing traffic.
- Remind children that drivers have a hard time seeing pedestrians at night and at dusk and to never cross the street from between parked cars.
- Ensure your child only Trick-or-treats at homes with their porch light on and never approaches a car offering candy.
- Avoid replica knives, swords and guns. Make sure all props are constructed of flexible materials
- Turn on your porch light so children know it is alright to approach your home
- Make sure your yard is free of debris that could cause someone to trip or fall
- Never invite children into your home
- Keep pets in a safe place so children do not become frightened
- Hand out sealed commercially wrapped candy
- Use glow sticks or lights instead of candles in decorations
The Pine Hill Police Department will be deploying Crossing Guards at the following locations to allow for the safe crossing of roadways within the Borough;
- Turnersville Road and Hill Drive
- Kayser Avenue and 10th Avenue
- Erial Road and 8th Avenue
- Ramblewood Drive and Franklin Ave
Additional safety measures include;
- Officer Bicycle Patrols in various neighborhoods within the Borough
- Increased Patrol Units