• Fax:
  • Emergency: 911

Sewer Building Over Agreement

If you want to build one of our public sewers or transverse sewers (i.e. usually within 3 meters), you need our permission, even if it is on your property. We must ensure that all of our pipes are protected from any damage that development can cause so that they can continue to provide the service for which they were designed. It is also very important that we have access to our pipes for maintenance and repair. If you are able to meet all the requirements safely, your project will be automatically approved (with limited exceptions). This only applies to construction of a single piece of land with pipes 150 mm in diameter or less. For all that is larger, you must complete a formal application form. When a developer works with building control, the inspector checks where a buildover may be needed. If they are satisfied with the proposals and this meets our criteria, they will approve it on our behalf and the developer will not have to contact us for further permissions. There are two possible ways to obtain our approval if we want to build our sewers above or near: (Please note that this only applies to the construction of a single domestic land with pipes 150 mm in diameter or less) According to the latest advice from the government, we have decided to close our offices to prevent and slow the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19. Their construction work may require a building permit or a building permit from the municipality. Some works are covered by the development rights authorized by the owners or may not require a building permit (things like winter gardens, car ports and vets sometimes fall into this category).

Any inspector who has inspected a site on our behalf (either by a local authority or by an independent company) will inform us of developments that do not exceed the permitted permitting limits, i.e. that construction/extension is a specified length or when the sewers/sewers are particularly large or deep. A construction agreement allows the water company to ensure that the work to be carried out will not adversely affect the underlying sewers and ensures that the water company continues to have sufficient access to the canal for repair and maintenance. If you plan to build nearby or via a public sewer, you should contact the water company before carrying out the work to determine its needs. Each building control agency working under our “protocol” returns all cases where we need a more in-depth construction contract. In certain circumstances, we may issue a retroactive construction agreement if the work has already been done above or near a public sewer. This is only exceptionally the reason. Sewer.Buildover@wessexwater.co.uk FAO The Sewer Build Over Team, Developer Services, Wessex Water, Claverton Down, Bath, BA2 7WW We are responsible for the protection and maintenance of sewers in our area and it is really important that we protect them for all our customers and future generations.